Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Out of Hibernation


Well according to my family who is tired of reading about Wendy the Turtle it is time to shake out the cobwebs and dust off the blog.  A lot is happening around the farm this spring. We have had at times a difficult winter with surgeries and the loss of our two dogs weeks apart but we have survived and are going into spring and summer with lots of energy for milking goats and making cheese.

Cora Belle kidded a couple of weeks ago with the three prettiest babies ever born on the farm. I mean ever. Two bucks and a doe in my favorite colors. She is milking enough to feed three babies and give me some for cheese. I have three does, Wedding Belles, Hazelnut, and Boots, due the first week of May. All together. I'm calling these my zoo babies. The Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium has ordered up to 4 wethers from me for their Kid Zone. I am very excited to have my babies at the zoo.


This is the only time you will hear me say I'm hoping for bucks this year.

9 comments:

Terry said...

I have missed your blog, but can imagine that the blog was not a priority during a challenging time (so sad to hear about the loss of your dogs.) But, selfishly, am so glad that you are back in time to show us photos of your stunningly beautiful babies. Zoo babies, Z babies. Z names? Zinnia and Zorro?

Jennifer said...

Yay! How wonderful to see you posting again! I just moved my entire blog roll over to this (old) new account and was wondering how things were going for you.

Anonymous said...

They are adorable! I have had 13 boys and 5 girls so far this year. :-)

Unknown said...

I love Boots. She is such a sweet girl. I think this is the one who kept giving me nuzzles and loves when I visited. SUCH a love. If I could guarantee getting a goat like her, I would be a goat girl, too!

And how cool that the babies are going to the zoo! How on earth did you make that happen??

goatgirl said...

No Lindsey that was Buttons. She is the farm ambassador.
About the zoo thing, one of my friends brought out her friend to see the baby llama when it was first born. That friend is a vet tech at the zoo and when she went back to the zoo and told them about my goats the keeper for the Kid Zone came out to visit and ordered up to 4 wethers. Their current goats are getting kind of old. There has been a few hoops to jump through to become an official vendor for the zoo but it will be worth it to see kids enjoying my goats.

goatgirl said...

P.S. Lindsey, I can guarantee that you can get one like that.....now you have to come up with a different excuse.

Thefarmerswife said...

Glad to have you out of hibernation and blogging again. So sorry for your loss but congratulations on the new babies.

Anonymous said...

See Its not just your family that was missing your blog!

Vicki

RANGER said...

I kept checking and, yep, still the turtle. Happy to have you back. I, too, am sorry about the loss of your dogs. My word, that is hard.