Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Best Kidding Ever



We just had the best kidding ever at Minter Bay Dairy Goats. Hazelnut was showing signs of kidding this morning and I had to go to work. I could check on her at lunch but emailed the farmer at Herron Hill Dairy and let her know "the Nut" was kidding and could she come by and take a peek. I was able to check her at lunch and not much was happening so I went back to work. At some point in the afternoon my iPad pinged and I saw an email that said "I'm here" About and hour later another ping and a picture of Hazelnut....and her two kids. All born, dried off and resting. My 5th grade boys reading group cheered and high fived and helped me celebrate.
Bucklings, one buckskin with blue eyes and wattles and one cobby little black and white spotted blue eyed boy. Just what the zoo ordered.


Easiest kidding ever. Oh how I love technology.

Thanks goatfarmer, I needed that.


He has his mother's eyes





6 comments:

icebear said...

Awwww!

Nadine said...

They are adorable!!!

petoskystone said...

Yea! Adorable bucklings, with the added bonus of being so easy to tell apart, that young children won't be confused ;)

Terry said...

I know that you're partial to B & W goats, but I have to say that the buckskin is about as handsome and unique as they come. Will the zoo be naming the goats or will you?

Marigold said...

Okie dokie. You are due an easy one. :)

goatgirl said...

I'm going to let them name them. Most times a name pops in my head but this time...nothing. That must mean the zoo is naming them. I did name the little doeling Sweet Pea after the my first goat that I had when I was 11. I hope they keep that.