Sunday, May 26, 2013

Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope, better known as Lexi, died yesterday at the age of 12. She was my first Nigerian along with her wether brother, Harlequin. What can I say about Lexi? She was just a darn nice goat. Although bred a million times(she really liked the boys) she never had kids. Other than making a few trips to see her boyfriend at a neighboring dairy, she never left our farm. She was never shown, never clipped, never milked. She had the perfect life. She died peacefully in her own bed. What more could anyone of us want?

Rest in peace little goat girl.

9 comments:

petoskystone said...

Swift journey Lexi!

Terry said...

What a lucky little goat to have landed in a place of love and comfort. I hope that my goat boys live as long and happily.

Marigold said...

Awww... darn! I'm so sorry! But what a nice life. Still doesn't make it easier for you though. (((((((Hugs))))))) (and Peanuts)

Mary Ann said...

I'm so sorry... we are just getting to know Nigerians here at our place, and have found them to be such nice goats. Lexi was a beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet girl. I'm sorry for your loss.

Karen C said...

I'm sorry to hear of you losing that sweet goat. I especially like the picture of her wearing the jacket.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I haven't lost one of my caprine friends yet, but I know it will be a very sad day when I do.

Monte - Farm Real Estate said...

Awww. Right in the feels. Nothing can take the place of a lost animal but directing your love at another one means another animal is sure to be loved. That's all we can do sometimes.

dojuma said...

Am so sorry for the loss but you will recover.