Saturday, November 28, 2009

Goats Galore

Once again, the goatfarmer and I went over the river and through the woods to Poppy Patch goat farm to pick up Buttons. I tend to lose my mind at Poppy Patch. The goats are all so pretty and the goatfarmer and I keep Shannon hopping with all of our questions.
"Who's that Shannon?"
"What's the breeding on that cute doe?"
"Who'd ya breed that one too?"
She runs back and forth between us rattling off pedigrees. I tend to point to the same goat over and over and ask "Who's that?" Like I said, I lose my mind.

She had babies born on Thanksgiving. Here is Georgie Girl, the smallest of three and no bigger than a hamster. This picture doesn't really show how small she is. Notice my fingers (wow someone could use a bit of hand lotion). Now stick out your finger. Her legs are no bigger around than your finger. Now to see that little thing bucking and playing is a sight to see. I lost my mind.



Then I see a pretty white doe in a pen with another doe. I ask Shannon who she is. She is a doeling that I saw for sale on her website. We get her out and look her over. I ask her name...Legally Blond. I say I would call her Reese. Shannon offers me a deal I can't refuse (well I could have but I had lost my mind). I figure Buttons would do better with a friend from her herd. I bring her home along with Buttons.



Speaking of Buttons, she is a doll. The sweetest goat that ever lived...besides Alice of course. She really didn't need a buddy come to find out. She jumped out of the car and got right down to eating. She takes everything in stride.

I won't be going back to Poppy Patch for a long time. It is dangerous.
One could lose their mind.

9 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Very cute! I know all about loosing my mind... (alot of hindsight questions!)

Where's a pic of Buttons? Love to see her too!

goatgirl said...

Clare, I'll take pictures of her tomorrow. It was too late when I got home. The picture of Reese is off her website.
Next spring you will have to bring Sweetie Pie and Buddy Boy over to see the babies.

Marigold said...

Oy. She looks like the reincarnation of Baby Belle. I bet the Goatfarmer REALLY loves her too. :)

Holly said...

oh my. TWO more goats? At least they are does! I will wait for the photos.....a little impatiently.

Danni said...

Hey you, crazy lady with all the goats!! snort.
I really love goats. Reese is adorable...but you still haven't given me a number yet. What's your total? Huh? Tell me, crazy lady. :-)

goatgirl said...

Only 10 farmgirl. Only 10.

DebH said...

Oh my! I am afraid I should never go to Poppy Place. I wouldn't stop at 10 and my family and friends would seek an intervention! Your new additions are absolutely precious and I share your enthusiasm. ;)

Anonymous said...

10 can turn into 20 almost overnight.

Just you wait. I wish I had room for 10...or even 20. I want a real 'herd'.

goatgirl said...

Now I have a proper herd!