Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The 5



We recently made our way down I-5 to visit the newlyweds in Bakersfield. I love a good road trip and since I rarely drive it is a time of thinking and snooping. Yes I look in your yard and even in your windows for a split second.

Somewhere on the way down, I-5 turns into the 5 and it stops raining. Then magically it is 80 degrees. That's the best part.

It is the land of year round farmers' markets.



Where hot peppers abound.



And our two favorite people are there.



With two of our favorite dogs.



Much too soon it was time to get back on the 5 and head north. Somewhere along the way it turns back into I-5, starts raining, and is 54 degrees.
We are home.

2 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Welcome back, Wendy. I hope you enjoyed your respite away.

Teresa said...

What a wonderful place to visit--I really like that year-round farmer's market thing.