Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Lucky Ducks


"What are you doing tonight?" my son said to me.
"Because I bought you some ducks at Dels and they would like you to pick them up tonight"

My Mother's Day present. My duck loving son bought 5 ducks for me.

So Hubby and I took a little trip to Port Orchard to pick up the ducks.
The bored salesgirl showed me to the stock tank that contained the baby ducks. Preparing to hand pick my little ducklings, I was surprised when she started just grabbing any duckling she could get a hold of and plopping it in the box. I started to protest and then decided to chill and let fate take over. The ones she caught were the lucky ducks.


Lucky to come live beyond the sidewalks.

10 comments:

Holly said...

yes they are Lucky Ducks!

Cathy said...

Ahhh to live the life with you beyond the sidewalks, they are indeed lucky.

Melodie said...

How sweet! These might turn out to be some of the most pampered ducks ever!

Lisa said...

They are so cute, and good for you for taking a breath and letting fate fall into place. We all should do that more often!

Smiles,
Lisa

Kelly said...

What lucky ducks! I like to let things just happen sometimes. It's difficult to stop and do that. At least your son knew what you would like for Mother's Day. Good boy!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Fabulous birds. And just think of all the duck egg omlets.

dina said...

Lucky ducks, indeed! What a fabulous Mother's Day gift! Give that kid a gold star!

Teresa said...

I love the duckies! They are so sweet. I guess you can consider it fate for you and the ducks.

Sheryl at Providence North said...

Those babies are just too cute! What a great son you have there!

Marigold said...

Lucky ducks indeed!