Saturday, June 6, 2015

Coolest Animal Ever

Meet Z. He is a 7 year old alpaca and the coolest animal I've ever owned. That is saying a lot because if you know me I've owned more than my fair share of wonderful creatures.
I could see an alpaca replacing a dog as your backyard pet. They are easy on the grass, quiet (no barking at 11 pm), nice to look at, a conversation piece that won't jump on guests, and respects your      personal space. The last one being important to someone getting older (me) who doesn't apprieciate   being taken out at the knees.
I bought Z the other night because I missed having a llama that I could lead around and show the kids at On the Farm Day in kindergarten. Z is an ex-show alpaca so he had the leading part down. I didn't know how he would react to three classes of children but he didn't bat an eye at that either.
I thought the kids would be thrilled to see an alpaca, especially one as pretty as Z, in a Dr. Seuss sort of way, and while all the adults were crazy about him, they were pretty much ho hum.

They liked the bunny best.

Photo by Gail

10 comments:

petoskystone said...

What does Her Majesty, Willow think? I think Z is a plush beauty.

goatgirl said...

She is not sure what to think. She doesn't not like him. They stay out of each other's way right now. I hope they will be friends.

petoskystone said...

A peaceable truce is a good start.

Kathryn said...

Good to see you blog again. Z is beautiful!

small farm girl said...

We have looked into getting alpacas. We just need to replace our barbed wire fence with a wove wire and that takes money we don't have right now.

mirriam ndunge said...

this is beautiful

Anita said...

I like Z.

dojuma said...

It is nice blog with beautiful shots.

dojuma said...

this is a nice blog.

Esther said...

Alpaca falls under what kind of species?