Monday, January 16, 2012

Milk Test Training



The annual milk test class was held Saturday at our local library. I have taken the class every year for about 4 years and while I learn something new each time I still look at the paperwork like it is the first time I've seen it.
And there is a test at the end. Yes it's open book but a test nonetheless. The multiple choice is a breeze but when we get to the part where we fill in the fictitious information on 4 goats on the herd and barn sheets I panic. Even my reading glasses can't zero in on the itty bitty words that go along with the itty bitty boxes.

I did my best and had my scale calibrated so I'd be ready for this year's milk testing. Thank goodness my milk tester can read the itty bity words that go along with the itty bitty boxes.

Cora Belle are you ready for another year?



She's just kidding? She's ready.

6 comments:

Terry Golson said...

I can't even fill out a simple school trip permission slip for my son, so I'm impressed! Cora Belle is a heart-stopping charming goat. Even with her tongue stuck out.

Teresa said...

She looks very ready! I'm about done milking for this year. My Minnie Pearl is finally drying up. I'm hoping she'll come back into milk this summer.

Marigold said...

There certainly is a strong family resemblance between CoraBelle and Peanut. Tongue and all.

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

It's so funny the lengths we will go for things we are really in love with. Milking, making cheese, making soap, whatever.

Other people may look at us like we're nuts, but who cares!

Poppy said...

I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog! I had goats when I lived in Texas many, many years ago. Sweet, intelligent animals! Seeing your photos does my heart good!

goatfarmer said...

Cora Belle needs her topknot trimmed. She looks too Mayberry. I know it is winter but really.