Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Out to Pasture


I have never had a pasture. Until this year that is. My most favorite thing in the world is a pasture. On road trips I am always looking at pastures that belong to other people wishing it was mine. I have pasture envy.
This year I have pasture. With the sad demise of Sunny, and Penne moving on to greener pastures, I suddenly have a pasture be it ever so small.



Everyone is enjoying the pasture.







Who knew that something so simple as a bunch of grass could make me so happy.

8 comments:

frugalmom said...

Pastures *are* great! I just love being able to say that I have one now! I let the llamas out into the front pasture yesterday and it made me so happy :-)

Wendy said...

Those beautiful pictures are so Spring like, it's nice not to see just brown, dried up fields like we have in So. Cal, thank you for them :)

Terry Golson said...

I have pasture-envy, too! I've been seeding pasture grass in the back "meadow" (aka septic mound) and I might have timothy waving in the wind next year. The goats, however, would prefer that I seed brambles. Sigh.

Melodie said...

Ahh....life's simple pleasures!

DebH said...

yup...pastures...barns and now while its hay season, I get such a thrill and huge dose of envy, eyeing the big round GREEN bales of hay or alfalfa that line the fields this time of year. Dreaming of having a large stack of my own that stays perpetually green and fresh. Simple wants but they sure feel good wishing for them!

Teresa said...

I too love pastures-looking at them, walking through them, making hay off them, and just watching all my animals be fat and happy in them.

janice said...

Love your blog! And your pasture.

Anonymous said...

I really love those beautiful and charming pictures. Thanks for sharing!