Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Swine Flu


I have had the dreaded swine flu. It has really knocked me out. I am feeling much better but have no interest in doing anything. Especially building a little goat shed for Buttons. Hubby and I plan to fence another pen and build a little goat lean-to in it. We did start it...and then ran out of energy. Buttons is coming on Saturday. Having already had her date with the handsome Rebel Without A Cause, she is ready to make my little farm her home. I will also fill you in on a little secret. I may look at another doe as well. I saw on P.P. website that a doeling that I had admired when there last may be up for sale to a show herd. I would show her!
Shhhh don't tell anyone. It's just something in the back of my mind.
Also she has a darling buck...that's going a bit far. But he is handsome. And he does have a nice pedigree. And I really admire his sire. And he is the same coloring as Cora Belle. And I do have an igloo for him. Hurry! Talk me out of it.

6 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Oh Wendy, I hope you start getting some energy back soon. I'll send some good thoughts on getting prepared for the new arrival, or arrivals! Sounds like tons of fun!

Holly said...

no no no no no no

the doe is fine, but NO buck!

Stephanie said...

Do it! Get em both!!

Lilac Cottage Homestead said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have been sick. I hope you start getting your strength back very soon.

I'm new to your blog, I really enjoy reading it. I have 2 mini Nubian goats myself. I just got them, so I'm very new to goats. But I love love them already.

Oh by the way my husband would kill me if I said I was going for 1goat and came home with 3 haha.
Kelly

Marigold said...

Well, if you can put that buck over at the neighbor's so you don't have to smell him...or perhaps Millie and goatfarmer's house. :) Well, I guess *some* individuals like the smell. I like Peanuts better.

MaskedMan said...

My sister's entire family got the dread H1N1 (well, most of them, anyway), and you're absolutely spot on in your description - it knocks you down, and robs you of energy. Substantially more debillitating than the usual forms, albeit not so terrible as the worst media fear-mongering may have made it seem.

Do what you must, but rest up as much as you can, too. The energy does come back.

May Buttons find you back on your feet and ready to love on her.