Monday, March 30, 2009

Ready Or Not


It was time for the lambs to leave the pampering provided in the "green bathroom". They are getting too big and too smelly. I was kept busy cleaning out the large dog crate very day so the smell of lamb wouldn't permeate the rest of the household. Every time Hubby would wrinkle up his nose I was off to the "green bathroom" to spread more shavings. That got old so ready or not on Friday evening down to the farm they went. I put their dog crate in the feed shed, gave them a bottle and settled them in for the night. I had turned the heat off in the bathroom for a week or so to harden them off a bit before the big move.
The next morning, Hubby and I showed up with bottles in hand and I called out, "Lambs, are you still alive?"

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

They were still alive.

Saturday was so cold and rainy they didn't get out much but Sunday dawned bright and sunny and out came the lambs for their first introduction to all the animals. Tully needed sunglasses.

Lucy did a lot of "Are you my mother" exploring. The girl has no fear.



Sunny was fascinated with them which I don't understand because he doesn't care one bit about the rest of the animals.

The llamas hummed and the goats just stared. The bad boys, Rowdy and Riot, stayed safe behind little Lexi.

The lambs had a taste of grass.....


And frolicked in the sun. If you have ever seen a lamb frolic it makes all those bottles well worth it.

They took over the nursery pen and settled in to lie in the sun.

But they weren't the only ones to take advantage of the sunny day. It's been a long winter.

But don't you worry Cora Belle, you are still my favorite baby.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! It seems like you are having a great time of them! I am so glad you are sharing there growth with us! Cora Belle looks really pretty...

Barbee' said...

Thank you so much! My favorite blogs and posts are the ones with chickens and animals.

frugalmom said...

Awww...it looks like they really like it at the farm. With all the other farm pals to keep them company they shouldnt miss that green room at all.

Michelle said...

I adore these pictures. I have to live vicariously through your farm since I can't have one of my own.

The lambs are just too sweet, all three of them. <3

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwwww! Your post made me smile.

Aaahhhh frolicking lambs.
Pure Bliss!

~Lisa