Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pig Pen

Remember the character in the Peanuts cartoon, Pig Pen? The boy who walked around in a cloud of dirt.


That would be Sunny. He loves to be dirty. After I groom him he finds the nearest dirt hole and rolls until he is covered and disheveled again.



See the resemblance?



I think this is very funny. The last horse we had for almost 20 years loved to be clean. Well, naturally, her name was Fancy Me. She kept her stall and her body clean.

Sunny is all boy.




He likes to look like no one cares.

9 comments:

Danni said...

Awww..well, dirty or not, he looks incredibly happy. Is it just me or does he have a self-satisfied smirk on his face? :-)

Marigold said...

I think he is related to Cabra. She loves dirt too, and she is almost the same color. Come to think of it, that is the same color as Peanuts. Okay. I guess it is all right then.

Anonymous said...

LOL, he's cute no matter what though!

Nancy M. said...

Sunny is gorgeous!

Country Girl said...

He is still cute as ever, dirty or not. Cool looking birds, we raised quail and partridge last season.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

That one photo with his darling little bowed legs just makes me smile. He looks more like a stuffed animal.....a dirt stuffed animal...but so cuddly just the same.

Is he starting to shed yet? My mare still looks like a yak, but the fur is flying! I spent some time gromming her the other evening and I was covered in white fur. lol!

~Lisa

goatgirl said...

He does have the cutest bowed legs. One goes this way and one goes that. And he's really growing on me.
He's the color of Peanuts and does have a self-satisfied smirk for sure.
No shedding yet.

Jennifer said...

Pig Pen was never that cute!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me Pigpen is soooooooo cute! Have you seen the Peanuts Movie? He's so adorable!!!